The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Green Bay Forum
They all look the same - Printable Version

+- Green Bay Forum (http://www.greenbayweathercam.com/gbf)
+-- Forum: Lets Talk (http://www.greenbayweathercam.com/gbf/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Chatter (http://www.greenbayweathercam.com/gbf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: They all look the same (/showthread.php?tid=1228)

Pages: 1 2

They all look the same - j.p. - 07-19-2020

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/18/politics/dan-sullivan-marco-rubio-john-lewis-elijah-cummings/index.html

RE: They all look the same - k.d. - 07-19-2020

[Image: Johnlewis.jpg]

[Image: Elijah_Cummings__media_washigntonpost_com_.jpg]

I am familiar with both men and I have a hard time telling them apart. Both have the same shaped head, same nose, same lips, same ears, same bald head and same shade of brown/black.

RE: They all look the same - j.p. - 07-19-2020

As I said.

It would seem that you would also have trouble telling Donald Trump form Boris Johnson as well.

I can tell the difference between Shaq and Jordan or Will Smith & Denzel Washington, but I have a helluva time with Orientals.

I have trouble telling Xi from Duarte too

How do you do with Mexicans?

(07-19-2020, 03:11 PM)k.d. Wrote: How do you do with Mexicans?
They all look like Guatemalans and Texans to me.

(07-19-2020, 01:05 PM)j.p. Wrote: I have trouble telling Xi from Duarte too
Actually I meant Duterte not Duarte.

I get my Orientals confused with Mexicans all the time.

Quote:I get my Orientals confused with Spics all the time.
It's all in the eyes.

(07-19-2020, 05:26 PM)k.d. Wrote:
Quote:I get my Orientals confused with Spics all the time.
It's all in the eyes.
I thinks it's what's in their pockets.

RE: They all look the same - k.d. - 07-20-2020

John Louis, RIP
Steve Sailer • July 19, 2020
• 300 Words • 80 Comments • Reply

[Image: EdQ3Q3EUMAILGrv?format=jpg&name=medium] Because Republican politicians, such as Marco Rubio, when tweeting out “RIP, Rep. John Lewis” have been known to racistly confuse the late Rep. Lewis with the late Rep. Elijah Cummings, I’ve appended a press release from Rep. Lewis and his official picture:
Quote:REP. JOHN LEWIS ANNOUNCES PLANS TO GROW A BEARD
April 1, 2019 Press Release
WASHINGTON – Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) announced plans on Monday to grow a beard in an attempt to avoid being repeatedly mistaken for Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD).
“Just this weekend, I went to church in Maryland. Someone came up to me and said, ‘Hi, Mr. Cummings! I vote for you all the time,’’’ said Lewis. “I just said thank you. What else could I say? That’s when I decided, I should just grow a beard.”
Rep. Lewis’s announcement comes after years of “baldist” press reports that have confused the two famously clean shaven, African-American members of Congress. Both are outspoken opponents of the administration and have served in the House more than 53 years combined. To make things even more confusing, Rep. Cummings is chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, while Rep. Lewis chairs the Oversight Subcommittee of the House Ways and Means Committee.
But the frequent cases of mistaken identity extend beyond the press to the street, where Rep. Lewis is sometimes confused for his colleague from Baltimore.
“People stop me all the time and tell me they’re from Maryland,” Rep. Lewis added. “I’m John Lewis, from Georgia. Rep. Cummings is a good friend of mine, but we’re not the same person.
“I considered getting a tattoo on the back of my head, just to clear things up. I tried to convince Elijah to get one too, but that didn’t go over so well.