The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College entrance cheating
Writes Greg Privette:
Hi Lew,
I read the article linked from the Political Theater about the college admissions “scandal”. I have read a couple of other articles about this as well.
From the article:
‘We believe everyone charged here today had a role in fostering a culture of corruption and greed that created an uneven playing field for students trying to get into these schools the right way through hard work, good grades and community service,’ said John Bonavolonta, the FBI Special Agent in Charge.
I like the “uneven playing field” part rather than “the right way through hard work, etc.” I have also seen statements in some articles about it being wrong for these kids to get a spot that could have gone to someone more qualified. I have seen no mention however of the similarity of this and admissions based on affirmative action. Another case of when the state imposes advantages they are “fair” but when private people do it they are cheating.
I also loved this line:
Prosecutors said in court on Tuesday that some students also lied about their ethnicity on applications to take advantage of affirmative action.
I am sure no one can think of any other high profile person who lied about ethnicity on their college applications. One hint, that person turned out to be 1/1024th.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Can't believe this made the news. I thought cheating was a given.