The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observation
Me, my wife and friends are all getting of the age to start thinking about signing up for social security.

I am not on Facebook but me wife is. I find it hilarious reading posts by people going bug-eyed crazy trying to rationalize that Social Security is not welfare. Social Security is classical welfare. Not unlike medicaid or foodstamps. Somehow they think they actually financed it themselves.
I paid more into it than I'll ever get back. It is more like a bad involuntary investment.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(12-03-2019, 01:34 PM)k.d. Wrote: I paid more into it than I'll ever get back. It is more like a bad involuntary investment.
 So will a lot of people. That would also happen with all of your assets.

It can't be a bad investment because it is not an investment, it's welfare.
It's a Ponzi scheme but I'll listen to your nonsense about welfare. The floor is yours.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
It is tax dollars collected to pay for the social well being other (mostly) non earners.

BTW

If you live close to median life expentency, you will likely make a killing with SS. Take care of yourself !
No, no, you musn't call it a tax - it is insurance. Don't you know your history.

― Voltaire