The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy War on Easter
More aptly titled "War on Assholes"

Just stay home ! It won't be long. The most Christian thing the religio-profiteers can do today is to tell there flock to stay home.

https://religionnews.com/2020/04/04/how-...on-easter/
Well, Jesus did walk among the lepers.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Jesus would not be allowed in the Falwell-Osteen-Jeffress syndicate.
I still believe you should be able to make your own decisions. Everyone knows the risk, well, kinda, because it is being blown way to hell out of proportion. Besides, government is way overreaching its Constitutional bounds.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Unfortunately you make others decisions for them if when you brazenly put them, and their future encounters, at risk of getting sick.

I don't necessarily disagree with the overreach, but have not heard of a strong Constitutional argument against distancing regulations in times of pandemics.
Quote:I don't necessarily disagree with the overreach
Double negatives again.

It boils down to property rights. You may deny another access to your personal property but not public property.

― Voltaire
It is not a double negative. Anymore than my previous sentence is by having a "not" and a "negative".
Simply saying "I agree" is much more cleaner and clearer. The other way is twisty and bended and unnecessary.

― Voltaire
(04-13-2020, 02:46 PM)k.d. Wrote: Simply saying "I agree" is much more cleaner and clearer. The other way is twisty and bended and unnecessary.
Why would I say I agree when I don't ?

My comment was meant to be bendy. And is grammatically exceptable.
Quote:Why would I say I agree when I don't ?
Then you say "I don't necessarily agree." Why make it hard to figure out with all your negativity?

― Voltaire