The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy War on Easter
Could of, but the other way conveyed my meaning more accurately. I was providing an affirmation to your comment about the overreach. That it was "possible".
"I don't necessarily agree" is not an affirmative sentence.

I don't mind you being the grammar police. Just be correct when you are pointing it out.
Quote:"I don't necessarily agree" is not an affirmative sentence.
But you think 'don't' and 'disagree' sound affirmative?  To most people 'agree' is going to sound more affirmative than 'disagree'.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Well I'll be damned. I was just watching a scripted TV show and they used the phrase "I don't disagree". Evidently I was wrong. My apology.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(04-13-2020, 09:58 PM)k.d. Wrote: Well I'll be damned. I was just watching a scripted TV show and they used the phrase "I don't disagree". Evidently I was wrong. My apology.

Yep, I'm sure TV is where I got it. It now seems like a very natural statement to me.

I hear a lot lately. My guess is it become accepted through usage by the so-called millennials. I certainly would not have gotten away with that in my HS English class.