The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick From Oregon
Rick from Oregon writes, 
Quote:Of all the things that bother me about the way the government is handling this Covid ‘crisis,’ it is the government’s insistence that we practice what they have labeled ‘social distancing.’
It isn’t social distancing, it’s antisocial distancing. And I know what antisocial distancing is. I spent six years in [prison] … 
Prison is the place we send antisocial people to be distanced from the rest of society. …
So I know antisocial distancing, and I know its purpose. It is to instill fear and distrust of the population for one another. Any person on the street might be an ‘illegal immigrant,’ or a ‘felon’ and now, horror of horrors, a carrier of an invisible virus, the fundamental goal of which is to kill your grandparents. …
…[Now that I’m out of Leviathan’s cage,] I fear I won’t be able to shake hands, hug or have a cozy dinner with a stranger because these social practices, these things that express our true humanity and generate mutual acceptance, are going to be outlawed in the name of safety. Even standing too near a person will be, and is, considered an assault. And to make it worse, these new antisocial practices said to combat disease, are not even laws passed by legislatures where debate and reason can be brought to the table. They’re instituted by the most antisocial people on the planet, executives of the state. These executives have no lawmaking authority under the fifty one constitutions written to protect the rights of the people. Of course this is their answer to the problem of a pesky virus. It’s the same antisocial answer they give for everything. Dangerous lemonade stand competing with the local exorbitantly-priced-items convenience store? Send in the police, even if there is no law making it a crime. 
If we’re going to just lie down like sheep, let’s at least stop calling it social distancing, as if it is a loving, human thing to do. It’s not loving or human at all, it is antisocial.
Indeed. And more proof of  our long-standing suspicions that the State deems all of us its prisoners.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
To Rick:

Patience my son
He is correct, everything they recommend IS anti-social.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire