The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hating Homeschoolers
This is the kinda crap that homeschooling parents are always concerned about.

https://www.city-journal.org/harvard-con...eschooling
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Here's the agenda !

https://cap.law.harvard.edu/wp-content/u....10.20.pdf
that is scary stuff.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
A lot of work just to find out where homeschools are abusive and failing children.
In the first place that is none of their business. As a homeschooling parent and someone who knows many I can attest that everyone of them had nothing but the best interest of their children's welfare, education, and well-being as their motivation. Now please don't come up with some aberration of the norm.

― Voltaire
Harvard can do what they want, I suppose. But it looks like it's more for a protective slant.

By your response it seems like you agree that the only information out there is purely anecdotal. Homeschoolers do not respond to surveys and there are no real standards.

Back in the mid eighties when I was distantly involved in Wisconsin's homeschool programs, I observed:
1. Instructors who couldn't sign their name on the form. We accepted Xs.
2. Increased truancy complaints in Milwaukee
3. Public schools coercing special ed families to home school

I've always said that homeschool is great for those who actually get an education.

Based on what we know, more accurately what we don't know, homeschooling is the least of our many educational problems.