The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made in China
Bloomberg poll has revealed that an overwhelming majority of Americans would be willing to spend more money on products if they are manufactured outside of China, with 40% saying they simply will not buy anything made in China at all.

Count me in. And I won't be eating at any Oriental joints which I didn't do before. I hate that crap.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
I never look at where something was manufactured, that is stupid. Price and quality is what I look for. If US firms can't or won't compete, that's not my problem. Competition is good for consumers and the economy. Plus you never even know where the parts come from.

I don't want to be responsible for making fat and lazy Americans, fatter and lazier. Unless it's me.

I will make an exception for products related to health and national security, such as pharmaceuticals.

Those restaurants you mention are probably run by Americans.
Quote:I will make an exception for products related to health and national security, such as pharmaceuticals.
About 95% of drugs come from China.

I've never seen an Oriental food place owned or operated by non-slanty-eyed people.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(05-21-2020, 02:15 PM)k.d. Wrote:
Quote:I will make an exception for products related to health and national security, such as pharmaceuticals.
About 95% of drugs come from China.

I've never seen an Oriental food place owned or operated by non-slanty-eyed people.
I'm confused, Was your post about Chinese, Orientals, or slanty eyes ?
It was about slannty-eyed Chinamen and slanty-eyed Oriental food joints.

― Voltaire
(05-21-2020, 06:49 PM)k.d. Wrote: It was about slannty-eyed Chinamen and slanty-eyed Oriental food joints.
Two related issues you have going for ya there.