The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faux Machismo Trumps Property Rights
(07-02-2020, 01:25 PM)k.d. Wrote:
Quote:But bullshit. I condemn all violence and property damage.
Not on this forum you don't.
Well, now you know. In fact I'm pretty sick of where this BLM thing is going. They seem to have no cause, or too many causes.

And no end game. They cry for justice for Floyd et al. And well, justice is what is happening. Apparently no amount of "justice" is good enough.

Having said all that. BLM has a legitimate beef. And "White Lives Matter" is meant as a bigoted retort. And a majority of pushback is racist.

And I think mostly of the violence is perpetrated by others.
Quote:BLM has a legitimate beef. And "White Lives Matter" is meant as a bigoted retort. And a majority of pushback is racist.
If you resist arrest, steal a cops weapon, run, etc., anything that happens to you is your own fault. Everyone needs to get it into their thick skulls if you wanna fight the law, the law is gonna win.

And again I bring it to your attention that more whites are killed by cops than blacks. Again, some cops are assholes just like in every other kind of business.
Do changes need to be made in law enforcement. You betcha. I've been bitchin' about the militarization of the police for years and years. I've been bitchin about excessive force for years. People need to realize that cops are gonna show an overwhelming show of force in most instances, just don't fight it, or you will see excessive force.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
More blacks per capita are killed by cops. You said earlier that percentages mattered when compared black/white homicide numbers. But nonetheless, the doesn't matter. They have a right to be pissed off.

You say " if you wanna fight the law, the law is gonna win "
Normally I would agree. But in some cities now it appears the rioters won. Though I think it is beyond idiotic to reduce police forces in those dangerous places.