The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cash Free Lambeau
Put this book on your Christmas Wish List to understand how fractional reserve banking works.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/110552...g=lrc18-20
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
I don't read those books. Besides I am not commenting on the banking industry as the whole. They are proven crooks. Bankers do not produce.

I'm talking about the benefit of procuring electronically versus carrying cash.
What's the benefit over carrying a wad of cash in your pocket? Not carrying a wad of cash?
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(10-09-2020, 03:50 PM)k.d. Wrote: What's the benefit over carrying a wad of cash in your pocket? Not carrying a wad of cash?
Yes, not carrying a wad of cash would be a benefit.
Evidently we run in different circle. My peeps believe that their business is none of anyone elses business.

― Voltaire
(10-09-2020, 10:16 PM)k.d. Wrote: Evidently we run in different circle. My peeps believe that their business is none of anyone elses business.

Privacy concerns would be a semi-logical argument in favor of cash transactions. But the privacy ship has sailed.  And the risk in banking is minimal.

When I insisted on cash, I just attributed it to my curmudgeonly attachment  to old ways. I still have many, but the fear of debit cards is no longer one of them.

I’m afraid to ask who your “peeps” are, but apparently they aren’t  merchants in the public square. I don’t remember the last time I encountered a business who wouldn’t accept debit. Even bars take them.

Even my wife’s the old folk “ cash” customers at least pay with checks
I will agree that, unfortunately, more and more businesses are taking digital. However, to the best of my knowledge, places like most small laundromats, jukeboxes, pool tables, etc, still take only cash. And I still see signs in many mom & pops that say 'NO CHECKS'.

― Voltaire