The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Tries Again
Quote:On Wednesday of this week President Trump tweeted a promise to bring American troops home from Afghanistan, the country's longest running war now at 19-years, by Christmas. 
The statement which no doubt is also related to the November election lead-up and possible looming foreign policy debate (which may or may not actually happen) took many defense officials by surprise.
But further, it now appears there's a coordinated effort to stymie such withdrawal plans before they ever get off the ground, with anonymous officials immediately telling the major networks that they disapprove.
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/anon...-christmas

What good is it to be Commander-in-Chief if all your subordinates fight your peace efforts? He said they were coming home, not just leaving.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
I don't think he intends to. It is campaign blather.

Hope I'm wrong.
I think his intentions are good even though it is campaign talk, however he has tried this before and his dumb ass advisors gave him rotten advice.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(10-09-2020, 03:55 PM)k.d. Wrote: I think his intentions are good even though it is campaign talk, however he has tried this before and his dumb ass advisors gave him rotten advice.
It was a 2016 campaign promise.
Unless you are blind and deaf you have seen the pushback he has received.

― Voltaire
(10-09-2020, 10:36 PM)k.d. Wrote: Unless you are blind and deaf you have seen the pushback he has received.
1.The Dems is just pure politics
2.The Generals have no business making political decisions
3.The GOP hawks and nationalists frame everything military as "patriotic"

Number 3 would be Trump's only resistance. That's what he fears most.

If we can't get a measly thousand or two out Afghanistan, we have conceded.
Quote:The GOP hawks
They are becoming fewer in numbers while the Ds are the more warmongering party. I can't count the number of Rs that have said they were wrong in supporting Bush's Iraq War.

― Voltaire
(10-10-2020, 11:02 AM)k.d. Wrote:
Quote:The GOP hawks
They are becoming fewer in numbers while the Ds are the more warmongering party. I can't count the number of Rs that have said they were wrong in supporting Bush's Iraq War.
Well the GOP nationalists expects all Americans to praise military conquest before every large event. But seriously, I don't think any political party can claim the better side on that issue. They both love war equally.
Quote:They both love war equally.
Maybe those in government and policy think tanks and lobbyists, but no one that I know personally is in favor of wars. That is, after they got hoodwinked into supporting the Iraq war.

― Voltaire