The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Denying Trump
Comparing apples to oranges is comparing legal votes to illegal votes.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(11-06-2020, 07:46 PM)k.d. Wrote: Comparing apples to oranges is comparing legal votes to illegal votes.
I don't understand.
If percentages in 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2020 were all effectively the same. How is that a commentary on legal/illegal votes ?

The whole point of the article was that there was an extraordinary increase of voting percentages, which was drop dead false.
Quote:The whole point of the article was that there was an extraordinary increase of voting percentages, which was drop dead false.
Not at all false, the percentage of voters versus registered voters is correct. It is stupid to use the number of voters of voting age because not only are they not registered voters, many are ineligible to vote. Because the govt. is phuc dup doesn't mean the researchers are. Also, the guy writing the article is an accountant, not a dumbass govt. employee.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
The guy who wrote it changed it. Take a look at your link.

My point is it doesn't matter which method you use. Just that comparing the percentage of current voters/ voter registrations (90%) to previous voters/ voters eligible (76%) is not a valid comparison. I know ALOT of accountants and they would not do that. That's why I'm happy he (sorta) retracted it.

If you wanted to extrapolate the voters/voters eligible to voters/voters registrations the 76% becomes 90% ish. So as the many fact checks and rebuttals stated, voter participation percentages have not appreciably increased.

footnote: / refers to "divided by"
I saw no retraction, but if you point it out specifically, I'll take a look. However, now you have moved the goalpost again, by moving to 'voter participation'. Regardless, just because someone is of legal age to vote doesn't make them a legal voter.

― Voltaire
Of course people not of legal age can't vote. That was never even a "direct" contention of the writer that it happen. He was just making invalid comparison making is statement a bald face lie. I would say he was simply mistaken, but accountants do make "mistakes". So, lie it is.
Quote:Of course people not of legal age can't vote.
Not what anyone said. What I said was that, "just because someone is of legal age to vote doesn't make them a legal voter."

― Voltaire
This election has been a total FRAUD! There is no way in hell that Biden won this election fair and square. "STOP THE STEAL!!!!!

― Voltaire
(11-07-2020, 10:33 AM)k.d. Wrote: This election has been a total FRAUD! There is no way in hell that Biden won this election fair and square. "STOP THE STEAL!!!!!
We'll see. But I'm sure the "Stop the Steal" posters were printed months ago.
Maybe a week ago.

― Voltaire