The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Because he can
Sums up most of his administrative action during his tenure.

Trump unleashes chaos with stimulus threat and controversial pardons - Axios

Quote:1. Because he can: As Jonathan Swan has explained, Trump loves pardons for the same reason he relishes executive orders — pure power and instant gratification. A longtime Trump official says that pardons are uniquely satisfying to Trump because he can overturn the work of another branch of government, the judiciary.
2. He wants attention: As the nation moves on from the election and President-elect Biden names a Cabinet and addresses the nation, Trump — mostly out of sight for the past seven weeks — "sees Biden being relevant every day," one presidential adviser said. That helps explain the video Trump tweeted 14 minutes after announcing the pardons, calling on Congress to increase "ridiculously low" stimulus checks from $600 for an individual to $2,000.
3. It splits the party: Trump wants the Republican Party to remain beholden to him, and is desperate to retain his GOP power past Jan. 20. Top Republicans are increasingly queasy about the two runoffs in Georgia on Jan. 5 that will determine which party controls the Senate. Last night's White House actions undermine the GOP Senate candidates by fomenting turmoil and distraction, and robbing the senators of a clear win on the stimulus.
Quote:and robbing the senators of a clear win on the stimulus.
Yeah, who would wanna rob the Senators, Egypt, Sudan, Pakistan, horse track owners. American citizens would get a whopping $600 bucks and illegals would get $1,800. I can hear those poor bastards now, "WE WUZ ROBBED!" FU
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(12-23-2020, 10:05 AM)k.d. Wrote:
Quote:and robbing the senators of a clear win on the stimulus.
Yeah, who would wanna rob the Senators, Egypt, Sudan, Pakistan, horse track owners. American citizens would get a whopping $600 bucks and illegals would get $1,800. I can hear those poor bastards now, "WE WUZ ROBBED!" FU
If there were any non petulant purposes for this, I would agree. Trump did not participate.

I am against stimulus that don't stimulate
I am against welfare for everybody
I am against gov't effectively forcing future generations to pay for this nonsense
You're the guy who defended Obama's trillion dollars to dig holes and then fill them up again.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(12-23-2020, 10:47 AM)k.d. Wrote: You're the guy who defended Obama's trillion dollars to dig holes and then fill them up again.
I've said I don't have a problem with stimuluses per se. Obama used his for pet projects for sure. But nonetheless it mostly worked, the economy started growing.

Didn't have a problem with Reagan's and Bush II's either.
It was welfare for his buddies.

― Voltaire
(12-23-2020, 11:11 AM)k.d. Wrote: It was welfare for his buddies.
Yep. Part of the definition of a stimulus. They all do it. But it if increases overall growth of a slumping economy. Meh, whatever. In the end consumption is consumption.

Trump's first attempt at a stimulus was made when the economy didn't need it. All it did was increase deficits and debt bigly.
I'm sure you'll be glad when he's gone in 4 years.

― Voltaire