The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This ain't how you end a "lockdown"
(01-01-2021, 04:47 PM)k.d. Wrote: Read it. It doesn't provide any protection.
I read it. Nothing provides "protection". That is abundantly clear. Kinda why it's a "pandemic.

6 feet distancing doesn't provide "protection". Washing hands doesn't provide "protection". Vaccines I presume will not "protection".

Masks mitigate the "outward" flow.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20201022...t-entirely

Don't think this is a political website.
Ok, here's what I think. Generally, WebMD is not political, but it is run by medical folks. Personally, if a doctor says it is sunny outside, I will check for myself. I have very little use for allopathic medicine or those who practice it. It does have very limited use.
The major Dutch study (additionally, I don't have much use for or trust in studies) done in Nov. says there is no protection using masks.

Vaccines, even if they are 95% effective are stupid if the survival rate is 99.7%

The fact is, healthy people  don't need masks or vaccines. Guess what? Unhealthy people are gonna get sick. For me, since I've been studying this stuff, is it 'germ theory' or is it 'terrain theory'? I'm straddling that fence, but 'terrain theory' is starting to edge out 'germ theory' But, bottom line is, if you are healthy and you do get sick it is the body strengthening you.

https://theunexpectedcosmology.com/germ-...anish-flu/

https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/T...1510764620
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
I can't disagree with any of that with the exception of the part about healthy people. They are generally the spreaders because they are more mobile. I don't think health should have much to do with the decision of whether to take precautions or not.

The thing about Covid is it's not showing any sign of fizzling out.

Some anecdotal/observational stuff:
1. As far as vaccines. I can't think of a single time where me or my kids have contracted an ailment for a condition that we have been vaccinated for. Nor can I recollect side effects. Like you inferred, You live it, you believe it.
2. Folks who have contracted Covid had not taken precautions.
3. I have two friends who have died from Covid. They had other serious conditions (cancer and liver disease), but they were not ready to go. My 94 year old mother would be a goner if she contracted it, she is otherwise healthy for a 94 year old.
You are firmly entrenched in germ theory. Not saying you are wrong or right. I have my doubts.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Hmmm. Maybe

But , if you are suggesting that I am a "germaphobe" . You couldn't further from the truth. Seriously.
I didn't say germaphobe, but you are of the 'germ theory' persuasion not 'terrain theory'. Again, not saying you are wrong but there is another theory on viruses and germs.

― Voltaire
I had never heard of those two theories, so I read a little about them. I don't see how they would be mutually exclusive. Simply speaking (maybe too simple) I view the terrain approach as that just maintaining good health to prevent and heal. And I totally agree. It don't know which camp "avoidance" (mask wearing and social distancing) would fall into, If I had to pick it would be terrain theory.

I guess I would be of the "germ theory" persuasion given our culture and lifestyles. My oft used "fat and lazy" comment applies here.

https://themelaleucawellnessguide.com/bl...f%20health.

BTW did you quit drinking ?
Quit drinking? Where'd that come from?

― Voltaire
(01-02-2021, 04:51 PM)k.d. Wrote: Quit drinking? Where'd that come from?
Don't know where that came from. Maybe drinking seemed a little counter intuitive to the terrain theory. Given that some uninformed people think it might not be healthy.