The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Individual Stimulus payments
Spot on. Kinda like this guy.

Quote:"I don't believe in a stimulus check," Ramsey told Fox News host Bill Hemmer. "Because if $600 or $1,400 changes your life, you were pretty much screwed already. You've got other issues going on. You have a career problem, you have a debt problem, you have a relationship problem, you have a mental health problem, something else is going on if $600 changes your life."

Quote:Ramsey concluded: "It's just peeing on a forest fire."

We already have a myriad of programs available for folks struggling. Situations like this is exactly what those programs were enacted for !  Simply spewing cash payments to every warm body will not help them, will not stimulate the economy, and will not effect this so-called crisis.

There is one, and only one, way to get out of this crisis.
Bullshit! I want my money. I don't need it but that's not the point. That money is much better off in my hands than those clowns in the militarized zone. And it pisses me off that they may send it to some other country.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(02-11-2021, 11:45 AM)k.d. Wrote: Bullshit! I want my money. I don't need it but that's not the point. That money is much better off in my hands than those clowns in the militarized zone. And it pisses me off that they may send it to some other country.
I think you are just the person Ramsey was talking about.

I would add that to think that you won't be paying more to the government as the result of the pittance you receive. Also plays into Ramsey's characterizations.
There was no link to this.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
https://www.salon.com/2021/02/11/fox-new...k_partner/
Any money in the hands of the individual is better spent than by government.

― Voltaire
(02-11-2021, 01:56 PM)k.d. Wrote: Any money in the hands of the individual is better spent than by government.

It's a government expenditure. It's welfare.

And it's paid for ultimately by the individual with a debt service surcharge added.

How cool is it to receive a stimulus of $1,000 that will cost you $1,500 in the end ?
What about my statement is untrue?

― Voltaire
I don't care if it $6 $600 05 $1400 I want it its my money they stole out of my paycheck and I want it back
(02-11-2021, 10:55 PM)pkarm Wrote: I don't care if it $6 $600 05 $1400 I want it its my money they stole out of my paycheck and I want it back

How's it going. ?

I feel the same way. I will gladly take it too.

But my point is that in this era of record federal deficits and debt, you are getting borrowed money. You will have to pay this back with interest. So, in effect you are asking to be taxed more in the future.

(02-11-2021, 06:24 PM)k.d. Wrote: What about my statement is untrue?

Hard to say.

More than half the federal budget is, and has been, to put money in the hands of individuals. I don't think it's all a good idea.