The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG I agree with Ann Coulter !
I was critical of the stimulus overreach.

But if you have been paying any attention to my major beef with Trump. You will know why I liked Obama.
I remember you praising that bailout and arguing with you about it. Of course you liked your winner Obama and Hate Trump.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
You have a pretty good (albeit selective) memory. I did support the Obama stimulus during the recession. I also believed at that time that allowing crooks like Goldman Sacks to go out of business could have added to the devastation exponentially. Still not convinced that was a bad thing to do. We did get our money back and we created regulation to try to prevent banking abuses. Trump repealed most of those and hired ex GS employees to run the gov't.

Now if you remember I worked at a state public assistance agency at the time and we were knee deep in stimulus money. I didn't need to read blogs to form an opinion. The funds effectively increased the pool of food stamps, medicaid recipients which had a dubious "stimulating effect". More people were hurting for sure, but most of these increases are still with us today. I posted about this Obama overreach.

I agreed with the Obama stimulus, it helped. Not quite yet ready to declare the Trump (Keynesian) stimulus a success, although I do agree that gov't help to increase consumption is a good thing. We'll see. Trump's teetered on donor payback as the economy did not need stimulating, but maybe I'm being petty.

I did not hate Trump prior to the campaign. Sure I knew he was not a decent man, but I viewed him as a harmless lovable buffoon. It was not until I realized that his political allegiance was to a small dark interest group and not the American people that I began to hate him.
Simply put, you're for government intervention, regulation and printing money. I am opposed to all of that by 180 degrees.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Sure. Except that paper is printed by the government, not "money". Market forces determines the value, which makes it "money" . Didn't know that old "printing money" wives tale was still out there. It must be the blogs I guess.

Everybody is for intervention and regulation. Trump's stimulus was definitely an intervention
Why do they print it?

― Voltaire
To make sure there is ample paper in circulation. Do you actually think more dollars alone equals more wealth ?
(02-17-2019, 01:26 PM)j.p. Wrote: To make sure there is ample paper in circulation. Do you actually think more dollars alone equals more wealth ?

Did you really just say that?

― Voltaire
Indeed I did. Do think paper alone has value ? Do you think tightening the money supply is simply printing less bills ? LOL
If they tighten oil production, what happens to the price of gasoline?

― Voltaire