The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever's Double Digit Raises
You need to show me where in that state budget it shows salaries of Cabinet heads.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Cabinet Secretary is not a budget line in and of itself. The individual departments do have budgets passed by the legislature and signed by the gov (some with vetos). So, presumably the extra money would come from other parts of the approved department budget.
What it boils down to is my article was entirely correct.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Oh cut the shit. It has about as much relevance as posting the salaries of your local bartenders.
The article states that under Evans these heads are getting double digit raises. Are you saying that those paychecks are fake news?

― Voltaire
With context, it is as fake as fake news can be. You know that. You just can't let go, can you ?

Unless you're claiming that Macgiver inst. and you were simply providing an informational public service announcement. LOL What a great guy you are !

Not that it matters , but I didn't mention earlier that there is no statutory pay scale for Dept heads, so no raises were given. Dept head salaries are based on their worth determined by each governor. Some of these people no doubt took pay cuts.

Yes, I am sure Evers is going to try to raise spending in HIS budget. But in this instance he is just exercising the authority given to him by Walker and the GOP legislature with money Walker et al allocated for this purpose.
Quote:Not that it matters , but I didn't mention earlier that there is no statutory pay scale for Dept heads, so no raises were given. Dept head salaries are based on their worth determined by each governor. Some of these people no doubt took pay cuts.

Yes, I am sure Evers is going to try to raise spending in HIS budget. But in this instance he is just exercising the authority given to him by Walker and the GOP legislature with money Walker et al allocated for this purpose.
Where do you come up with this stuff?
so no raises were given. Dept head salaries are based on their worth determined by each governor. Some of these people no doubt took pay cuts.
Are you crazy? My post specifically named the pay raises. Just give it up.

― Voltaire
It's hard to get a raise when the individual never held the position before LOL. These were NEW Hires. Even the article you posted made no mention of "raises" directly or indirectly. That was something you dreamed up and you are to far into it to let go.
The Title of the article was:
Evers’ Cabinet Secretaries Get Double-Digit Raises
By Matt Kittle - February 27, 2019
Why can't you accept the facts?

― Voltaire
Well it is an incorrect characterization in the title. You don't call somebody's initial salary offering a "raise".

You obviously had an editorial motive for the posting. So they make more money than their predecessors. Is this necessarily good or bad or neutral given that it has no effect on the budget our taxes ? If your main complaint is cronyism, than I might agree. Although I have become numb to that over the years.