The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P O'd
Since last Friday I have been storming around the house fuming, swearing, cursing, and even bringing God's name into my total anger at a recent incident.

On that day I received an email from one of my closest musician friends informing me that someone was going to be in Stevens Point on Tuesday and Appleton on Monday. When I heard who it was I was overjoyed and immediately went online to buy a ticket. I was simply ecstatic and in near unbelief that this was happening. 

From the time I was 15 until my 50s I had been in the music industry and in one capacity or another have seen or worked with almost every 'big name' musician or band during that time. Not the Beatles, Michael Jackson, or Madonna, but most others. So, to have an act to be coming around who I would actually leave my house to see was a big deal to me. Previously, the only two acts that I'd go out of my way to see were Ray Price and Buddy Emmons. Both dead now so I'll never see them.

So anyway, I'm about to call for my ticket when I see this bullshit on the promoters website:  "PROOF OF VACCINATION or negative COVID-19 test required to enter venues." I blew my stack and kicked my imaginary dog and let out a string of profanities so long and hard that I actually scared myself and thought I may have a stroke or heart attack.

So, tonight, instead of being at Gibson Hall in Appleton watching and listening live, I'll be watching this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooWdxDGoMjg

Rant over but I'm still P O'd.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Hmmm

Never made you out to be in the Jazz business.

Masking has kept me home from many shows that have passed through town. Ain't gonna spend that kind of money wearing a mask.
My business was never in the Jazz field, but I am a closeted semi- jazz guitar wannabe.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire