The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP Mandated book burning
Discussion on sex based classifications, gender identity ? Sounds like gay people to me.

What is that you say ? The law says a parent can make it whatever they want. Censorship pure and simple. The sad part is that kids can handle subjects like this. My guess is that the high school kids are all smarter than one of these puritanical parents.

You would think the last thing a free society would want is a parent inflicting their fears and ignorance on other people's kids.
You are insane, the worst fucking parent in the world or a closeted pedo.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
I don't approve of banning books. Let alone having my next door neighbor do it for me.

Neither of us have any idea what books are being targeted. However, you are fine with not even knowing. Some parents don't take that "head in the sand" approach to their kid's education. Can't believe you wouldn't trust your 18 year old high school senior to make his/her reading choices.
I'm not for banning books, I'm against having them in school libraries. I don't care if they are gay, trans, or heterosexual. Not in school libraries. And get rid of sex education in school.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
I'm against sex ed too. For the same reason I'm against voc ed, home ec and most social studies courses.

But I think libraries should be as free formatted as age appropriateness allows. They are the answer to ignorance, and it gives the kids a chance explore without the confines of a classroom. A stodgy old political figure is the last person I want interfering with this.
There you go again, wanting it both ways.

― Voltaire
I have always wanted freedom in libraries. I have never wanted school libraries to stock Hustler magazine. I could get that at the drug store.
You just did it again.

― Voltaire
I do want it both ways.
Have you ever heard the word 'anti-thetical'?

― Voltaire