The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today in Book Banning
Wentzville School Board bans acclaimed novel from high school libraries over obscenity complaints | Education | stltoday.com

Quote:“The Bluest Eye” tells the story of a young Black girl growing up during the Great Depression who longs for blue eyes because she feels ugly and oppressed because of her skin color. Morrison, who died in 2019, said she wrote the book in the late 1960s to show the psychological damage caused by racism.
The book wasn't banned from the SCHOOL library because the low IQ Negress didn't have blue eyes. I suppose if I lived in Ireland and didn't have freckles and red hair I would feel oppressed and ugly, too - if I was in 2nd grade.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Bullshit. It's a high school.

If the school was really worried about obscenities, then Twain, Harper Lee, JD Salinger. F. Scott Fitzgeralds and countless works of other renown authors would be banned.
I think you should go have a talk with those schools that allow those authors in their schools.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire