The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coincidental Hilarity: Neil Young
I had a good laugh this morning reading TWTP. There was this short piece on Neil Young. My comment will be in brackets
Quote:MEAT(HEADS) AND POTATOES
There are two types of people: those who like Neil Young’s music and those with good hearing.

Last week, the whiny relic penned an open letter to Spotify demanding that the streamer stop carrying the Joe Rogan podcast. Young threatened to remove his music from the service if his demands weren’t met. According to the jowly has-been, the Rogan podcast (Spotify’s most successful show) is “spreading fake information about vaccines.”

“Please act on this immediately today and keep me informed of the time schedule,” Young dictated to his secretary (a hamster) before storming off into a broom closet and angrily remarking, “This isn’t Massey Hall!”

The irony about Young’s “protest” is that Young himself has a history of spreading medical disinfo. In the 1980s, he went on a bizarre crusade against gays working in public places, because he thought you could get AIDS by touching something a gay person had touched. [Ironically, he got this disinformation that Fraudci was spreading during the AIDS epidemic]

“You go to the supermarket and you see a faggot behind the fucking cash register, you don’t want him to handle your potatoes.”

That’s an actual quote.

This summer I hear the drumming,
I’m dead from a poe-tay-toe.

Young was also a booster of Charles Manson, recommending the cult leader to music-industry execs. He even bought the dude a motorcycle! Manson called Young the only person who ever truly believed in him.

So, Neil Young championed Charles Manson and thought you could get AIDS from a potato that’d been “touched by a faggot.”

By all means, trust this guy’s instincts.

“There are two types of people: those who like Neil Young’s music and those with good hearing.”
And while Spotify responded to Young’s threat by acting like he doesn’t exist (which everyone else had been doing anyway), that surely won’t slow the man’s golden-years activism.

Next stop: his local supermarket. “Get rid of your AIDS potatoes or I won’t let you play my songs on the Muzak.”
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
It looks like Neil Young is going to enjoy a revival or sorts without even have to play a note.

Did you hate him when you alleged covered his songs ?
Quote:It looks like Neil Young is going to enjoy a revival or sorts without even have to play a note.
Not really. To bad you don't watch videos, you could learn a lot. Jimmy Dore had some stuff about him today. Did you know he has sold copyrights to  about half of his songs?

Quote:Did you hate him when you alleged covered his songs ?
Do you have any idea how many shitty songs I got paid to play between the 70s, disco era, urban cowboy era, 80s &90s. It was a paycheck, nothing more. I wake up every morning thanking my lucky stars that I never have to play another gawddamn Bruce Springsteen song, you light up my life, walk of life, wasted days and wasted nights, or any other shit people think is music. Thank some god for a few Billy Joel and Stevie Wonder tunes.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
You have reached a new level of enlightenment ?
Enlightenment!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qHja9i9C4Y

― Voltaire
Very nice. Obviously talented musicians. I admittedly never heard of him.
But this could have been any of number artists. If I didn't watch the video, my guess would it was Larry Coryell from the 90s.

I was into this stuff for a while. But I quess my tastes have devolved, for now. Now if I could only get rid of my jazz fusion cds.
Quote:Now if I could only get rid of my jazz fusion cds.
They belong with Brussel Sprouts - in the garbage.

BTW, Birelli is a world renowned gypsy jazz guitarist.

― Voltaire
Pat Matheny, Mike Stern, Larry Coryell, Al Dimeola, Wolfgang Muthspiel are no slouches

BTW I would characterize your video as jazz "fusion"
Your guys you mentioned are jazz fusion, no argument there.
To me and for me, it has gotta 'swing', Birelli swings, Metheny and Stern and the rest do not swing. 
Listened to a guy the other day who played with the Crusaders, unquestionable technical prowess, played like a buzzsaw but he didn't swing.

― Voltaire