The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have a flag ?
I'll be damned.  In all my 65 years of praising, condemning, making fun of, and attending Christian mass/church. I never knew we had an official Christian flag.

And true to form, people must to go crazy over it !  Flags AND religion !  What a combination.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/boston-lawsui...rimination

And we must pledge allegiance to it !

https://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-flag.html

A salute to the Christian flag may be accompanied by a pledge:

“I pledge allegiance to the Christian flag and to the Savior for whose kingdom it stands, one Savior, crucified, risen, and coming again with life and liberty for all who believe.”

Some use a theologically liberal version of the pledge, which plays down the gospel element and emphasizes ecumenism:

“I pledge allegiance to the Christian flag and to the Savior for whose kingdom it stands, one brotherhood, uniting all mankind, in service and love.”

Others use an affirmation of loyalty to the Christian flag:

“I affirm my loyalty to the Christian flag and to our Savior whose cross it bears, one spiritual fellowship under that cross, uniting us in service and love.”

And still others pledge their allegiance specifically to the cross on the Christian flag:

“I pledge allegiance to the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the faith for which it stands, one Savior, eternal, with mercy and grace for all.”
It seems, from reading the article, that they have a legitimate complaint. BTW, doesn't every organization have a flag or a symbol?
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(07-15-2019, 12:46 PM)k.d. Wrote: It seems, from reading the article, that they have a legitimate complaint. BTW, doesn't every organization have a flag or a symbol?

Not if overtly non-secular symbols were banned. Sometimes municipalities can do this, manger scenes come to mind. But, I don't know why the city would care. The city would likely lose a court case.

The Christian faith frowns on idol worshiping. I found it amusing. It is hardly an organization, Christians are not a monolithic group for sure.

I'll have to look around next time I go to church, maybe I've missed it all these years.

Another part of this story I find amusing is that it is a Constitution Day celebration. Nothing more anti constitution than mixing in religious dogma. Christian dogma is what the flag represents in what I read.
If the official Catholic flag and Muslim flags are allowed, there is no reason not to allow the non-denominational Christian flag to be raised.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Do you mean the Vatican and Turkish flags ?
Yes, those were the ones mentioned.

― Voltaire