The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freedom of Religion?
Evidently not in NY state
[/url]
NY Supreme Court rules Amish cannot exercise religious vaccine exemption to attend their own private Amish school

[Image: ca2b01c5596c1ac288014c7f0afa3d7f?s=57&d=mm&r=pg]
By
The Daily Sheeple |  [url=https://www.thedailysheeple.com/author/seanw/]Sean Walton

Published on December 23, 2019

[Image: amish-kids-1024x744-e1577124866885.jpg]
The petition by an Amish father to the New York State Supreme Court to allow his family to practice their faith and allow his children to attend a private Amish school has been denied.
Jonas Stoltzfus has three children, all unvaccinated, who attend the Cranberry Marsh school in Romulus, NY, a town between Rochester and Syracuse.
Amish father Jonas Stoltzfus recently filed a lawsuit challenging a new New York state law requiring students to be fully immunized against contagious disease.
Stoltzfus says he was informed that his three children will be blocked from attending their Cranberry Marsh School, a traditional Amish school in this Seneca County settlement of six church districts. All 24 students at the school are Amish.
Stoltzfus’ case was based on clear religious arguments:
Stoltzfus’ opposition to the law was based on his belief that “God made his children ‘right and good’ and to vaccinate his children is to lose faith in God,” the lawsuit states.
Quote:It added he believes “to rely on a manmade solution would be an act of disbelief in the power of our God to heal and protect us.”
A state Supreme Court Justice has now denied Stoltzfus’ legal challenge to temporarily stop the law:
Supreme Court Justice Daniel Doyle ruled that the state has the authority to require vaccinations to protect public health, citing prior appeals court decisions. He also rejected the lawsuit claims that the new law should be halted because it violated religious rights’ protections in the state constitution.
Quote:“Put another way, the free exercise clause of the New York Constitution would yield to a valid exercise of the state’s police powers,” Doyle wrote in the order on Tuesday.
Kevin Barry of First Freedoms, Attorney for Mr. Stoltzfus, says that there will be no more appeals in the case.
Barry says that the state of New York has threatened to shut down the Cranberry Marsh School that the Stoltzfus children attend, though the state has taken no action yet.
Quote:WSKG has reported that, “Under the rules barring religious exemptions to vaccines, schools can be fined up to $2,000 per day for each student who is out of compliance.”
The First Freedom’s web site notes the unusual choice that the judge made in writing his opinion.
Quote:Judge Daniel Doyle’s bare-bones, elementary opinion is frustrating and disheartening (PDF below).  The glaring absence of any analysis of the plaintiff’s strongly-held religious beliefs shows an open and callous disrespect for religious freedom.  Shockingly, the Judge’s order does not even mention that the Plaintiff’s family is Amish, completely ignoring that the Amish are a religious sect which fled persecution in Europe seeking religious liberty in America which they enjoyed in NY for 242 years (1777-2019).
New York law (opens in a new tab)”>New York law now requires K-12 Amish children to receive a combined 35 doses of 10 vaccines:
  • Diphtheria
  • Tetanus
  • Pertussis
  • Polio
  • Measles
  • Mumps
  • Rubella
  • Hepatitis B
  • Varicella (Chickenpox)
  • Meningococcal
There is currently a bill in the NY Legislature to ad the HPV vaccine, for a sexually transmitted virus, to the mandatory school schedule.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has now joined the vaccine industry and announced that their number one priority is the removal of the religious vaccine exemption from every state in the US. Participation in the abortion industry is now required for full participation in public life, including Christian education, in five us states. New York, California, West Virginia, Mississippi, and soon Maine will require children to be vaccinated with aborted fetal cell line vaccines to be educated in both public and private Christian schools, and legislation is being presented to do so in more than a dozen states.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
People are allowed to make up any shit they want and call it a religion. But, Parents should be shot for willfully causing excruciatingly painful injury and death to their children by not vaccinating their kids. It's one thing if they believe the vaccinations themselves are dangerous. But to do it in the name of some non sensical notion is criminal.

This by no stretch is a religious freedom issue.
by Sharyl Attkisson
Sharylattkisson.com
Excerpts:
Many U.S. government and health officials have avoided addressing rising incidences of infectious disease outbreaks among vaccinated children. These officials choose instead to stay on the vaccine industry narrative of heaping blame on those who are partly vaccinated or unvaccinated.
By failing to tackle the issue at hand– vaccines that are not providing the expected immunity– some health experts say the problem only stands to grow worse.
One of the most recent cases from this past March comes from Los Angeles, California. A private high school there reports nearly 50 students came down with whooping cough (pertussis), even though they were all vaccinated.
According to the Los Angeles Times, none of the students at the school with vaccine exemptions contracted the disease even though they had not received a whooping cough/pertussis shot.
Pitting those who want improved vaccine safety against those who smear them as “anti-science” or “tinfoil hat conspirators” only allows the power brokers behind the scenes to disappear among the infighting, and continue making money without improving the product through technologically possible advances.
Read the full article at Sharylattkisson.com

Quote:But, Parents should be shot for willfully causing excruciatingly painful injury and death to their children by not vaccinating their kids.
Maybe these parents should be shot for causing these kids painful injury.

There is more than enough evidence that anti-vaxxers have the truthful facts.
And if you weren't such a hateful person you could see that this is Amish beliefs against a government bought off by Big Pharma.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
The Amish do not take political stances, so I highly doubt that they subscribe to the never ending conspiracy theories. It does appear that Big Pharma, as evil as they may be, is not the reason why "some" Amish parents do not want to vaccinate their kids.

Vaccinations have never been the panacea for all ailments and I don't know that anybody has claimed that.

So to my Amish friends: I love your peacefulness and respect your right to privacy. But please do not withhold necessary life saving medical services from your kids. Jesus would not approve.

I can understand being skeptical of "certain" vaccines. But to summarily reject all of them is the definition of wackiness.
Nothing unusual in your responses. You are an Authoritarian Liberal who demands compliance to every Central Government dictate and hates the idea of volunteerism and free choice. Never mind that the un-vaccinated Amish have lower incidence of Autism and Attention Deficit disorders than the vaccinated.

― Voltaire
It is basically child abuse. Adults can make their own decisions.

The rest of your post is stupid, even for you.
What else don't the Amish do that is child abuse? Deny them electricity, for example?
For the record, my children were never vaccinated. Be sure to call child services on me.
What other religious exceptions would you disallow? Conscientious Objector to the military draft? We must follow the government's dictates for our own good, is your motto.

― Voltaire
I would disallow the withholding of insulin to a diabetic child for one. Military deferments are not disallowed.

I'm happy your kids are presumably healthy. I'm hoping you didn't understand the risks rather them purposefully submit them to risks.
Quote:I would disallow the withholding of insulin to a diabetic child for one
Why? There are planty of natural ways to overcome diabetes. Additionally, Amish people have a mutant gene that makes it almost impossible to get the disease. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Quote:Military deferments are not disallowed.
Only the ones approved by the government. There you go, Mister big-time Central government idolator.

Quote:I'm happy your kids are presumably healthy. I'm hoping you didn't understand the risks rather them purposefully submit them to risks.
The doctor told us to skip them, they weren't necessary.

― Voltaire
Couldn't find anything on mutant Amish

Conscription is a requirement. Hopefully you understand that your response makes no sense.

Most parents take their kids to human doctors.