The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today's chuckle
From Trump-love.com

https://www.breitbart.com/national-secur...an-regime/

Quote:Several other experts also agreed that Soleimani’s death was even more significant than al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden’s, or Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s.
Iraqis were seen dancing in the streets at the news of Soleimani’s death:

Iraqis are celebrating the death of #QassemSoleimani.

Let's not forget. When Iraqi pro-democracy activists were demonstrating Tahrir Square, forces propped up by Soleimani were terrorizing them.

Now, can you blame these Iraqis for celebrating the death of Soleimani? https://t.co/AMUGxqnlo9
— ????? ??????? (@vahid_yucesoy) January 3, 2020

Iranians who have been forced to live under ruthless military rule, took to Twitter to thank Trump with the hashtag #TnxPOTUS4Soleimani:

Who is breathing a sigh of relief that Gen Soleimani is dead? Dissidents, feminists & secularists from Iran, Iraq, Syria & Lebanon.

He was a Shia Osama bin Laden with a national treasury & flag.

Who is crying foul? Obama alum Ben Rhodes, CodePink & Squad cocreator Cenk Uyger??‍♀️
— Asra Q. Nomani, PI (@AsraNomani) January 3, 2020

I still can't believe this mother fuckers are gone, but thanks anyway uncle trump#TnxPOTUS4Soleimani pic.twitter.com/XITWL29FVg
— فؤاد (@foadsf) January 3, 2020

Ghasem soleimani got smoked tonight, now world can take a breath. Thanks to anyone who did this great job#TnxPOTUS4Soleimani
— Leila (@Leila44909296) January 3, 2020

#TnxPOTUS4Soleimani #realDonaldTrump ...
Behalf of the people of Iran who fighting against the #IslamicRegim ???❤️❤️❤️ pic.twitter.com/nYHb4SP4ob
— Amin (@amin13626) January 3, 2020

As an Iranian, I wanted to thank you with all my heart @realDonaldTrump, for putting an end to #Soleimani. You just made the world a better place to live in#TnxPOTUS4Soleimani#FreeIran2020
— آیدیناتور (@Da_Aidinator) January 3, 2020

A lot of Iranians are still mourning for their loved ones who were killed by IRGC and Soleimani's forces in the streets while protesting. This operation was really a relief for them! Thanks @realDonaldTrump#TnxPOTUS4Soleimani
— Mehdi K (@mehdikkyu) January 3, 2020

The murderer of Iranians, Iraqis, Syrians, Israelis, Yemenis, Lebanese, US Soldiers & head of the IRGC's foreign wing, or Qods Force, Gen. Qasem Soleimani, Killed in Iraq.

As an Iranian, I want to thank you with all my heart President @realDonaldTrump ??#TnxPOTUS4Soleimani pic.twitter.com/ZpgvwHle2L
— Saber Bostani-Asl (@S_BostaniAsl) January 3, 2020

We Iranians thank @realDonaldTrump for his decisive order. He made a promise and he kept it. Unlike under Obama era when Israelis wanted to kill terrorist Soleimani, but Obama stoped them because he wanted to make a broken deal with a terrorist regime. #TnxPOTUS4Soleimani
— Sam (@SammyXCVIII) January 3, 2020

thank you mr. secretary
this should have been done long ago
before syria was destroyed by soleimani
IRAN ❤️ USA#TnxPOTUS4Soleimani pic.twitter.com/97AJhOPve1
— #پدر_پویا_کجاست #مادر_پویا_کجاست #هفت_هزار siroos (@siroos23664793) January 3, 2020

#TnxPOTUS4Soleimani
Justice is served.
Soleimani killed several hundreds of thousand of civilians including children. Even in Iran.
We are celebrating this in Iran . https://t.co/Tksc6qkr6l
— Barbad (@Barbodcamo) January 3, 2020

#TnxPOTUS4Soleimani

Dear Mr. President, @realDonaldTrump , in last month Islamic Regime in Iran killed defenseless Iranian youth& children and then suppressed Iranian Ppl. But today we get hope to continuing the struggle with this bloody regime. Thank you.
#TnxPOTUS4Soleimani pic.twitter.com/iWhAqBOI0k
— Goli_dar_goldan (@dar_goldan) January 3, 2020

This bloody hand belongs to Qasem Soleimani the top general in #IRGCTerrorists. This hand caused of death of thousands of Iranian, Syrian and Iraqi people and after years of killing, torturing the justice has been served.
#TnxPOTUS4Soleimani#FreeIran2020WithPahlavi pic.twitter.com/NxXfW3SCcu
— Shawn (@BScoRpion0) January 3, 2020

On behalf of all Iranians that have been taken hostage by mulla's regime and those who lost their loved ones and also exiled Iranians Thank you @realDonaldTrump #TnxPOTUS4Soleimani
— Reza Shah's daughter (@DaughterReza) January 3, 2020

NEVER MISS THE NEWS THAT MATTERS MOST

ZEROHEDGE DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX

Receive a daily recap featuring a curated list of must-read stories.

The Iranian people beg to differ with you #TnxPOTUS4Soleimani

Death Toll Of Iran Protests Surpasses 1,000; Names of 221 Slain Protestershttps://t.co/KouHJquuQ3
— Jewhadi™ (@JewhadiTM) January 3, 2020

There are thousands more tweets.

Some decried the total lack of coverage from Western media until now

At last 1500 killed in 2 days just recently in Iran by the hands of Islamic regime.
Not a single word from western media!
Now look at this comedy show they’ve started on twitter.
A terrorist dies,and people in western countries are worried about Worl War III
#TnxPOTUS4Soleimani pic.twitter.com/J49qTMqGCn
— Madam Luna (@Madam__Luna) January 3, 2020

Others singled out those criticizing the US action, saying that they do not need uninformed Westerners speaking on their behalf:

The number of idiots under this tweet is an evidence of how uninformed Americans are.
In Persian, we call them “Kabk”?
Fake news has truly done a great job in the states. ??
#TnxPOTUS4Soleimani https://t.co/LOciHPXXAi
— Madam Luna (@Madam__Luna) January 3, 2020

Reports also suggest that US marines captured high profile terrorist figures:

DEVELOPING: U.S. Marines have captured and arrested the following outside Baghdad:

Qais Khazali (Leader of Asaib Ahl al-Haq)

Hadi al-Amiri (Head of Badr Organization)
— Alex Salvi (@alexsalvinews) January 3, 2020

President Trump tweeted an American flag without further comment:

pic.twitter.com/VXeKiVzpTf
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 3, 2020
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Yes, the war mongering Trump-love.coms speak in unison.
Isn't that funny that when Obama assassinated American citizens with drone strikes you had no similar comments to what Trump has done.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
My post was not so much about the assassination of Soleimani as it was about Trump's fondness for the "forever war". And also the apparent love of US foreign intervention by the faux nationalists.

They ironic part is that the adulation.coms are praising the "significance" of this assassination over the "significances" of the assassinations for bin Laden and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

My question is: What has been the significance of the killing of bin Laden and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi ? If you answer correctly, explain how killing Soleimani will be different.
Listen, I'm trying to avoid a knee-jerk reaction in my thinking. My position on this is being weighed out to come up with something logical.

As far as Trump's 'forever wars', I see this assassination as a better alternative than sending 100 Tomahawk missiles into Tehran.

IMO, the difference between bin Laden and this guy is quite simple: It is the equivalent to to the difference between killing one of the 9/11 terrorists and assassinating Gen. Schwartzkoff.  This guy was the leader of a sovereign nation's military, not some rogue terrorist acting on an ideological impulse.

I'm no fan of Trump especially since he said he was pulling out of these wars but instead has sent 15,000 more troops over to the ME.

An additional thought or concern is: Did Trump do this for the U.S. or for Israel?

― Voltaire
I guess I never considered 100 Tomahawks being fired at Tehran. But I suppose that wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility. After reading the Breitbart message board, I find a lot of horny magaturds that need to be satisfied before the election.

Maybe I should view the extra flag draped coffins Trump created as a victory.
Why was the General in Baghdad?
According to Moon of Alabama, this is what we know:

Quote:He had planned to attend the funeral of the 31 Iraqi soldiers the U.S. had killed on December 29 at the Syrian-Iraqi border near Al-Qaim.

Soleimani had arrived in Baghdad on a normal flight from Lebanon. He did not travel in secret. He was picked up at the airport by Abu Mahdi al-Muhandes, the deputy commander of the al-Hashd al-Shaabi, an official Iraqi security force under the command of the Iraqi Prime Minister. The two cars they traveled in were destroyed in the U.S. attack. Both men and their drivers and guards died.
What about the legality of what the U.S. did?

Again, from MOA:

Quote:No Iraqi politician will be able to argue for keeping U.S. forces in the country. The Iraqi Prime Minister Abdel Mahdi has called for a parliament emergency meeting to ask for the withdrawal of all U.S. troops:
Quote:"The targeted assassination of an Iraqi commander is a violation of the agreement. It can trigger a war in Iraq and the region. It is a clear violation of the conditions of the U.S. presence in Iraq. I call on the parliament to take the necessary steps."
There are too many Unintended Consequences that could result from this but one thing is certain
Quote:The U.S. created two martyrs who will now become the models and idols for tens of millions of youth in the Middle East.
The Moon of Alabama take is here:
https://www.moonofalabama.org/2020/01/us...imani.html
Readers comments are completely different than what one finds at Breitbart.

― Voltaire