The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFAs in local drinking water
What is a common herb ?
All the ones mentioned in your medicinenet link are common. Echinacea, for example, has been used by injuns for centuries to help the immune system and to avoid colds & flu.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
I have no issues with herbal medicine. My point is was that there are risks and side effects with all medicines. Many times what makes the herbs safer is the lower dose of the drug that comes naturally.

Echinacea never worked for me. But I believe in the power of placebo.
Again, I have never seen an herb that comes with a 'side effect' warning.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(01-16-2020, 10:16 AM)k.d. Wrote: Again, I have never seen an herb that comes with a 'side effect' warning.

Probably never will. That's an FDA thing.

"Echinacea can cause liver toxicity" from medicinenet
When used with other Big Pharma products. I challenge you to find one case of echinacea alone harming the liver.

― Voltaire
It was a stand alone statement. Why would they make it ?
I never said echinacea was dangerous. But what do you think are the medicinal functions of echinacea, magic ?
https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingred.../echinacea
Do you think willow bark has any magical qualities?

History of aspirin
aspect of history
The history of aspirin begins with its synthesis and manufacture in 1899. Before that, salicylic acid had been used medicinally since antiquity. Medicines made from willow and other salicylate-rich plants appear in clay tablets from ancient Sumer as well as the Ebers Papyrus from ancient Egypt. Hippocrates referred to their use of salicylic tea to reduce fevers around 400 BC, and were part of the pharmacopoeia of Western medicine in classical antiquity and the Middle Ages. Willow bark extract became recognized for its specific effects on fever, pain and inflammation in the mid-eighteenth century. By the nineteenth century pharmacists were experimenting with and prescribing a variety of chemicals related to salicin, the active component of willow extract.

How about the Poppy seed?
How about marijuana?
All these wonderful plants and herbs and flowers, and roots, and leaves and stems were given to us by Nature for specific reasons.

― Voltaire
Yes, wonderful plants AND animals were given to us for specific reasons. One of those reasons is for the manufacture of medicine.
Yup, just like Mother Nature intended. Take something natural and turn it into a synthetic. SHEESH!

Wasn't this thread about shit in your water from manufacturing?

― Voltaire