The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Green Bay Forum
GOP Mandated book burning - Printable Version

+- Green Bay Forum (http://www.greenbayweathercam.com/gbf)
+-- Forum: Lets Talk (http://www.greenbayweathercam.com/gbf/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Nation (http://www.greenbayweathercam.com/gbf/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: GOP Mandated book burning (/showthread.php?tid=2501)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

GOP Mandated book burning - j.p. - 12-29-2021

Quote:A bill proposed by a Republican state senator in Oklahoma would empower parents to have books that discuss gender identity removed from public school libraries—a measure that rights advocates warned could have life-threatening consequences for LGBTQ+ children across the state.

Under Senate Bill 1142, introduced earlier this month by state Sen. Rob Standridge, just one parent would have to object to a book that includes discussion of "sexual perversion, sex-based classifications, sexual identity, or gender identity" and other related themes in order to begin the process of removal.
'Madness': Oklahoma Bill Would Empower Parents to Remove Books From School Libraries (commondreams.org)

Quote:Upon receiving a written request to remove a book, a school district would have 30 days to eliminate all copies of the material from circulation.

In a provision that appeared inspired by S.B. 8 in Texas—the law that deputizes any citizen and entitles them to a financial reward if they successfully sue someone for aiding a pregnant person in obtaining abortion care—parents will be able to collect $10,000 per day for as long as the book in question remains in library.

RE: GOP Mandated book burning - k.d. - 12-29-2021

Not supporting this is nothing more than encouraging suicide and pedos.

RE: GOP Mandated book burning - j.p. - 12-29-2021

A single vigilante parent can stomp on the rights of every other parent in the school district. And from what I can tell, that parent can make the rules.

RE: GOP Mandated book burning - k.d. - 12-29-2021

You idiots wanted 'cancel culture' so you got it - good and hard.

RE: GOP Mandated book burning - j.p. - 12-29-2021

I never was into this cancel culture.

But I don't know how this assault on individual rights has anything to do with "cancel culture"

RE: GOP Mandated book burning - k.d. - 12-30-2021

They're canceling the perverts and pedos, at least in OK.

RE: GOP Mandated book burning - j.p. - 12-30-2021

How so.

That sick shit won't be in the libraries.

RE: GOP Mandated book burning - j.p. - 12-30-2021

What sick shit ?
Teaching respect for gay folks ?

Under Senate Bill 1142, introduced earlier this month by state Sen. Rob Standridge, just one parent would have to object to a book that includes discussion of "sexual perversion, sex-based classifications, sexual identity, or gender identity" and other related themes in order to begin the process of removal.

I see nothing about teaching respect. I see sexual perversion which is not worthy of respect.