The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP Mandated book burning
Quote:A bill proposed by a Republican state senator in Oklahoma would empower parents to have books that discuss gender identity removed from public school libraries—a measure that rights advocates warned could have life-threatening consequences for LGBTQ+ children across the state.

Under Senate Bill 1142, introduced earlier this month by state Sen. Rob Standridge, just one parent would have to object to a book that includes discussion of "sexual perversion, sex-based classifications, sexual identity, or gender identity" and other related themes in order to begin the process of removal.
'Madness': Oklahoma Bill Would Empower Parents to Remove Books From School Libraries (commondreams.org)

Quote:Upon receiving a written request to remove a book, a school district would have 30 days to eliminate all copies of the material from circulation.

In a provision that appeared inspired by S.B. 8 in Texas—the law that deputizes any citizen and entitles them to a financial reward if they successfully sue someone for aiding a pregnant person in obtaining abortion care—parents will be able to collect $10,000 per day for as long as the book in question remains in library.
Not supporting this is nothing more than encouraging suicide and pedos.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
A single vigilante parent can stomp on the rights of every other parent in the school district. And from what I can tell, that parent can make the rules.
You idiots wanted 'cancel culture' so you got it - good and hard.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
I never was into this cancel culture.

But I don't know how this assault on individual rights has anything to do with "cancel culture"
They're canceling the perverts and pedos, at least in OK.

― Voltaire
How so.
That sick shit won't be in the libraries.

― Voltaire
What sick shit ?
Teaching respect for gay folks ?
Under Senate Bill 1142, introduced earlier this month by state Sen. Rob Standridge, just one parent would have to object to a book that includes discussion of "sexual perversion, sex-based classifications, sexual identity, or gender identity" and other related themes in order to begin the process of removal.

I see nothing about teaching respect. I see sexual perversion which is not worthy of respect.

― Voltaire