The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Tyranny
Tuckers went raving mad over this over this last night.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-cali...spartandhp
God, I love America. The people giving a BIG F U to the government. Screw up our skate park and we'll turn it into a dirt bike park. God, I love Americans. That's the Revolutionary Spirit. This country was built on the principles of smuggling, avoiding taxes and ignoring stupid laws.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
I don't think the Revolutionaries were quite so trivial.

But my point was the city was actually quite civil in it's attempt to slow down the spread. But it still warranted a purple-faced, phlem spewing diatribe from Carlson.
Quote:I don't think the Revolutionaries were quite so trivial.
Ever heard of the Boston Tea Party or the Stamp Act?

Quote:But my point was the city was actually quite civil in it's attempt to slow down the spread.
By dumping 37 tons of sand in a public park? Some might call you insane.

Quote:But it still warranted a purple-faced, phlem spewing diatribe from Carlson.
I missed that. You know he's right because he is the anti-CNN voice.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
The Boston Tea Party was high on mind when I mentioned the triviality of your revolutionary comment. Leave it to our fat and lazy society to think that Revolution can occur without sacrifice.

Dumping the sand might be insane. But it was peaceful with the intent of avoiding confrontation.
Quote:Dumping the sand might be insane. But it was peaceful with the intent of avoiding confrontation.
What it was was STUPID.

As we see by all these protests is that many people are not willing to sacrifice freedom - which is a good thing.

― Voltaire
The alleged freedom mentioned in this thread never existed. Neither does my right to hold a drum circle in the middle of a public skate park at anytime I want. Or Code Pink's right to pour blood to pour blood state capitals.

And neither does the right to willfully endanger the lives of others exist.
All of the above is total nonsense - and you should have enough sense to know it.

― Voltaire
(04-23-2020, 10:59 AM)k.d. Wrote: All of the above is total nonsense - and you should have enough sense to know it.
And riding dirt bikes in a skate park ?

You have your own personal list of appropriate freedoms ?

You are making my point a lot better than I can. thanks
What are 'appropriate' freedoms?

― Voltaire