The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candace Ain't Alone
2020: Year of the Black GOP Renaissance, Thanks to Trump

Quote:Hopefully, the mainstream media will report on these candidates as fairly and respectfully as they did the candidates who became known as “The Squad,” making them household names as well.
Why not tell a different narrative, show there are Black Americans who think for themselves, care about their communities and are proud Republicans? 
The following Black candidates are standing up for their values, standing up for their families, and deserve to be heard and not silenced or canceled because they are not running as radical liberals: Tamika Hamilton, Ronda Baldwin-Kennedy, Errol Webber, Aja Smith, and Joe Collins in California; Casper Stockham in Colorado; Byron Donalds, Carla Spalding, Vennia Francois, and Lavern Spicer in Florida; Angela Stanton-King in Georgia; Philanise White and Craig Cameron in Illinois; Rayla Campbell in Massachusetts; Kimberly Klacik in Maryland; John James in Michigan; Kendall Qualls and Lacy Johnson in Minnesota; Billy Prempeh in New Jersey; Laverne Gore in Ohio; Kathy Barnette in Pennsylvania; Charlotte Bergmann in Tennessee; Wesley Hunt, Wendell Champion, and Tre Pennie in Texas; Burgess Owens in Utah; and Leon Benjamin in Virginia.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl...trump.html
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
They will need to get up in people's faces if they want to be the "squad". Some are, Burgess. There will be few that don't want to be respected by the media. Burgess again comes to mind, the focus of her campaign is to trash people and the media. Trumper tactics probably won't garner any of them respect. But if they are simply looking to be
a "household name" loud, brash and rude is the way.

I'm sure most will get treated like any other Republican, maybe a little more generously. Look at Tim Scott, a respectful man whose policies are undistinguisable from the GOP clowns. He seems to get a pass from the media.

The comment "show there are Black Americans who think for themselves, care about their communities" would not be a slogan to use if in fact they are looking for black votes, in my whitey opinion. It seems to be telling other black voters that they don't already think for themselves and don't already care about there communities
I think the idea is to show that not all blacks buy into the BLM thing, the destruction and burning of black businesses and neighborhoods, but to build them up, get rid of the crime and drugs and get people back to work.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(10-19-2020, 08:12 AM)k.d. Wrote: I think the idea is to show that not all blacks buy into the BLM thing, the destruction and burning of black businesses and neighborhoods, but to build them up, get rid of the crime and drugs and get people back to work.

Yes.

But when you say "show".  Show who ?
Quote:Show who ?
The voting public; their respective and prospective constituents.

― Voltaire
(10-19-2020, 08:54 AM)k.d. Wrote:
Quote:Show who ?
The voting public; their respective and prospective constituents.
I think condescension, as the article showed, is not a way to attract new black voters. Regurgitating the same old GOP old talking points might not be either.

BTW when I mentioned "Burgess" I meant Owens. In case you didn't pick that up.
I don't see the message that 'we can think for ourselves' is condescending to anyone who 'can think for their ownselves'.

― Voltaire
I don't think anybody wants to be told that they are not already thinking for themselves
Quote:I don't think anybody wants to be told that they are not already thinking for themselves
That's not what they are saying. The message is that "we all think for ourselves, we don't need democrats or anyone else to tell us what to think - we aren't stupid".

― Voltaire
These are all Republicans running on that list, no independents. They want them to think like Republicans since, since only Republican can think for themselves.