The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On to Georgia ?
GOPers in GA need to pull their head out of their asses and vote.

The stock market does not like one party with complete control. It likes stability. So vote for us retirees. This is a serious request.
And the first thing I thought of reading your #$%^&* post is:
“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

― H.L. Mencken, A Little Book In C Major
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(12-11-2020, 10:18 PM)k.d. Wrote: And the first thing I thought of reading your #$%^&* post is:
“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

― H.L. Mencken, A Little Book In C Major
I didn't read the book so I don't have context to your quote. So you'll have to explain what the hell you mean with it. And how it applies to my comment.

It is pretty clear that a too much power is a bad thing. Most times government works best when it does the least, which is what would happen if the GOP kept control of the Senate. If people in GA don't want the crazy stuff AOC et al spew they need to wipe their tears and get those two GOP assholes in the Senate.

My comment on the stock market is observational fact. Whether it's a good thing or not is up for debate. I personally think investment is overall a good thing for America.

Maybe you were just venting. ? But the fat lady has not sung.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

― H.L. Mencken, On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(12-12-2020, 10:34 AM)k.d. Wrote: “As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

― H.L. Mencken, On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

Using satire is the only way to describe the last four years.
I hope you get what you asked for, good and hard, for the next 4 years.

― Voltaire
(12-12-2020, 11:44 AM)k.d. Wrote: I hope you get what you asked for, good and hard, for the next 4 years.
My life will be the same regardless of who is President. As as said, we know who Trump and Biden are. We had to choose between two lowlifes. But when one is also a supreme asshole, I would tend to favor the other.

Biden will be like Obama just a little more to the right.
I always thought people were supposed to get wiser the older they got. Well, you sure squashed that idea.

― Voltaire
Point taken, but nonetheless I had to vote for someone. The last 20 years or so I have aligned myself with Dems in state and fed elections. But it is not beyond the realm of possibility that I would vote for an R. l voted for Reagan in his second term and Bush 1 in his first term. I almost always vote for the moderate/ conservative in local elections, knowing that were sure to lose. I vote against all spending referendums.

There were no redeeming qualities for Trump. If he knew me he would certainly hate me and he has declare me his enemy. How could anybody vote for someone like that ?
We are a very divisive country. Trump has made no effort to change this and actually relishes in our divisiveness .
No new wars and multiple attempts to bring troops home but was hindered by the deep state and Dems hissy fits.
More black and Latino votes than any Rep. in history.
Thinking about this, the list is just too long for me to continue.
The best president (that served a full term) in my lifetime.

― Voltaire