The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In One Picture
[Image: RDM73aa.jpg]
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Presidents have little influence on oil supply. Obama had similar numbers at points during his tenure.

About the only thing Trump could possibly have done to increase supply was to convince the Red Hats that Saudis don't chop up American journalists. MBS appreciated that.
Right, and policies have nothing to do with unemployment or manufacturing numbers, either.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Couldn't be more different.

And I should ask that when the downturn comes , and it will, can I expect a post from you claiming that it was because of Trump's policies ?

Rather than going all MAGAtard on us, I would take a peak at the reasons for oil price flucuations.
https://www.chron.com/business/energy/ar...606658.php
I'm not an expert of economics but I do read quite a bit on Austrian economics and they have been predicting a downturn for a long time. They blame the fed and lousy monetary policy. So, no, I won't be laying that blame on Trump so much as the still breathing Bush and Obama.

― Voltaire
(02-13-2019, 02:03 PM)j.p. Wrote: Your link gets to a main reason: supply.  Certainly not Trump. Besides is an oil glut necessarily good in the long run ?.

Everybody predicts a downturn. The only thing we know is that it will happen. As far as monetary policy, what is Trump doing that is different than his predessors.

Austrians economics.... dude seriously ?
Yes, Austrian. Not interested in Krugman and the loser Keynesians.

― Voltaire
That school of thought went obsolete with the industrial revolution.You must be like your recessions to last a long time.
You morons think digging a hole and then filling it up is 'productive'.

― Voltaire
(02-13-2019, 05:16 PM)k.d. Wrote: You morons think digging a hole and then filling it up is 'productive'.

That's a pretty accurate description, I'll have to give the moron part some thought , though. But it is unavoidable in a highly developed society. Economics is more art than science.