The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slave History Forgotten
https://pjmedia.com/columns/kevindowneyj...o-n1455761
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Who forgot ?
Probably every school district in the country.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
In my time in school, slavery was barely mentioned. And when it was, it was for the purpose of glorifying Lincoln.
Thank you for making my point.

― Voltaire
(06-23-2021, 02:34 PM)k.d. Wrote: Thank you for making my point.

Well if I did, it was inadvertent. To be more specific, I meant slavery was taught, but the tyranny of it was not emphasized as it should have been. You and your author seem offended when the "tyranny" of slavery and it's aftermath is brought up. So much so that you personally feel victimized for some strange reason.

Blacks and other races have owned slaves throughout our history. There is no debate about that.

I don't think anybody would construe Mr Downey Jr's article as a history lesson.
Talking to stupid people is not a good use of my time.

― Voltaire
(06-23-2021, 06:19 PM)k.d. Wrote: Talking to stupid people is not a good use of my time.

To "out of the blue" bring up this inconsequential history tidbit as this time can only suggest this about you:

victimhood
bigotry
insecurity

Maybe if you can explain how this just "crossed your mind". It would help.
Quote:To "out of the blue" bring up this inconsequential history
It was an article published June 21, 2021, I don't consider that out-of-the-blue; neither do I find slavery to be inconsequential history.

― Voltaire
(06-24-2021, 11:09 AM)k.d. Wrote:
Quote:To "out of the blue" bring up this inconsequential history
It was an article published June 21, 2021, I don't consider that out-of-the-blue; neither do I find slavery to be inconsequential history.

The article was not about slavery. It was about CRT phobia, Juneteenth and and his racial insecurity.

Your statement was a bald-faced lie. Even you are not that stupid, I hope.