The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pithy quote by Judge
Quote:“At the end of the day, the fact is that the defendant came to the Capitol because he placed his trust in someone who repaid that trust by lying to him,” Jackson said.

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson virtually let this guy off.

Quote:time served under a plea deal

And she gave others defendants a clear legal strategy. If they decide to heed it.

Trump 'Patriot' Who Called Jan. 6 The 'Best Day Ever' Gets Time Served In Capitol Plea Deal | HuffPost
I  thought they were insurgents?
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Yes. And it is refreshing that they are being busted for it.

(08-04-2021, 01:53 PM)j.p. Wrote: Yes. And it is refreshing that they are being busted for it.

I like this Judge. She seems to know what a patriot is supposed to be.

Judge to Capitol riot defendant: 'Patriotism is loyalty to country, loyalty to the Constitution' - CNNPolitics

Quote:"You called yourself and everyone else patriots, but that's not patriotism," Judge Amy Berman Jackson said of defendant Karl Dresch. "Patriotism is loyalty to country, loyalty to the Constitution, not loyalty to a head of state. That is the tyranny we rejected on July 4."
I wonder if she knows the Constitution says citizens have a right to redress the government.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(08-04-2021, 02:27 PM)k.d. Wrote: I wonder if she knows the Constitution says citizens have a right to redress the government.

No reason to believe she doesn't.

More wise words from the Judge

"Your vote doesn't count any more than anyone else's,"
Quote:No reason to believe she doesn't.
Sure is, by her comments.

― Voltaire
(08-04-2021, 04:16 PM)k.d. Wrote:
Quote:No reason to believe she doesn't.
Sure is, by her comments.

Which ones. I did see anything about a "redress of grievances"
Quote:I did see anything about a "redress of grievances"
Of course you didn't because the judge didn't get it.

― Voltaire
She didn't need to too. This guy plead guilty. And got off.