The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are gone ?
Exclusive: U.S. War in Afghanistan 'Is Over' as Final Plane Leaves (newsweek.com)
And there it is, a mess.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(08-30-2021, 05:21 PM)k.d. Wrote: And there it is, a mess.

Yes. Good reason for us leaving.
Some might think U.S. citizens should be the first to leave before the military.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(08-30-2021, 09:43 PM)k.d. Wrote: Some might think U.S. citizens should be the first to leave before the military.

I agree

But it might depend on why they are there and where they are. Plus we don't know if it's 1 or 1,000, so far everything is just noise.

It's funny (in a pathetic way) that suddenly war is supposed to be clean and tidy. And that now the last 20 years is somehow justifiable  ??
Nearly 100 retired generals and admirals are demanding that US Defense Secretary (and former Raytheon board member) Lloyd Austin and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley resign immediately over the botched Afghanistan withdrawal.
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/90-r...mmediately

― Voltaire
These folks still want us in Afghanistan. I always had you pegged as a warmonger. It was nice that these retirees at least admitted they knew nothing regarding the circumstances surrounding the evacuations.

These names, coincidently, are on this letter too:
https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/fb7c7bd...0740665549
You know damn well I'm not a jingoistic, war-mongering SOB. Ever heard Austin or Miley speak? They are lunatics who don't know their ass from a hole-in-the-ground.

― Voltaire
(08-31-2021, 04:34 PM)k.d. Wrote: You know damn well I'm not a jingoistic, war-mongering SOB. Ever heard Austin or Miley speak? They are lunatics who don't know their ass from a hole-in-the-ground.
Well, you are acting like one. You posted some petition from warmongers who want to continue killing and being killed in Afghanistan. I didn't know much about Austin and Miley except that they are warmongers of some prominence , but I don't see how that is relevant.
Quote:You posted some petition from warmongers who want to continue killing and being killed in Afghanistan.
Point out that part in the open letter. You just didn't like the points they made against you Marxists.

― Voltaire