The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verdict - no one should by surprised.
It ain't against the law to play cowboy on the city streets in a volatile situation.

Rittenhouse was not held to the standard of being an adult.
Where were the adults in Kenosha that week?

Knock it off with the snarky remarks.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(11-19-2021, 03:22 PM)k.d. Wrote: Where were the adults in Kenosha that week?

Knock it off with the snarky remarks.

I was being serious

Rittenhouse came to court with babyface. He looked, talked and had the demeanor of 15 or 16. I had that in mind the whole time I watched him, it would have been difficult not to view him as a child. With the exception of the lower lip coming out during his cry, I don't think any of this was intentional. He is a young man with cherubic face.

Watching him, I thought there was no way he could be convicted. Putting him on stand was a brilliant move by the defense.

I buy the contention that Rittenhouse thought has life was in danger. But, I don't think a reasonable adult would have thought that his life was in danger.
Quote:I don't think a reasonable adult would have thought that his life was in danger.
Of course you don't because you are not a reasonable adult. Anyone in his situation without a gun would have been dead that night. 

When those jurors find out the history of those that attacked Rittenhouse they are gonna know they got it absolutely right.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
From what I saw Rosenbaum was begging/daring everyone with a gun to shoot him. He was up in a lot of gunslingers faces, they seemed to blow him off.

The history of the victims have no bearing whatsoever with anything.

After all the bullshit, the case boiled down only to what happened during a 2-3 minute time span.

All bets were off on the two with weapons. It was pretty clear that they posed a potential deadly threat.

I'm not totally convinced that Rosenbaum posed a deadly threat. Rosenbaum did not strike Rittenhouse. Rittenhouse was pointing his gun at Rosenbaum before Rosenbaum tried to grab it. Rittenhouse fired two more shots into Rosenbaum after he was disabled.

As I said, I agree with the verdict. The prosecutor did not and could not prove that Rittenhouse was not acting in self defense. But I'm not sure reasonable mature adult would have needed to kill Rosenbaum.