The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of Spotify as we know it ?
A streaming service. Hands down the best. For an alleged musician, you sure don’t understand music or the history. Not to mention pop culture.
It's 2022 and you're listening to a guy that can't sing and writes lyrics like “Flying Mother Nature’s silver seed to a new home in the sun” or lesbian music from Mitchell. If you had any taste and you wanna listen to old music, try Duke Ellington or Rosemary Clooney.

“Flying Mother Nature’s silver seed to a new home in the sun” Sheesh!
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
That was a 1969 song and it was CSNY. Apparently, you haven't heard anything since. Wasn't my favorite or near it. He has written thousands of songs and covered by hundreds of artists. He is still making records, though they are sounding the same. As an alleged guitarist, I can't believe you don't appreciate Young's style and originality.

After over 50 years I honestly didn't know Joni was a lesbian. Does it matter ?

I like Duke Ellington and Rosemary Clooney. But mentioning the four together is beyond the scope "apples to oranges"
He is not a guitarist, he strums cowboy chords. Crazy Horse is as bad as he is. 

Mitchell's demographic is lesbian, I have no idea if she is.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Don't tell me. You are a Kid Rock and Ted Nugent fan. Which I'm not knocking, just want to understand your perspective. It is certainly not that of a musician.

Lesbians were more or less in the closet when Joni Mitchell hit her stride.

I think close to 100% of real guitarists would disagree with your assessment of Neil Young.
Quote:It is certainly not that of a musician.
This is rich coming from a tin ear listener of Neil Young. Why in the hell would I listen to crap I played when it was new 45 years ago?

― Voltaire
Who asked you to listen to anything ?

"Tin ear"? Now that's rich.
Hey, 'tin ear', don't go outside when it's raining or it will rust.

― Voltaire
As the great Sid Vicious said (or maybe it was Johnny Rotten): " It's not music, it's rock and roll "

And that saying applies to all popular music. It's just old borrowed music with a new hook. Nothing for you to "blow your own trumpet" over.