The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book Banning Nonsense
I was wondering where all this book banning crap was coming from. Evidently, jp has his eyes glued to NBC.
Anyway, I read a short piece this morning that explains it all.
Enjoy.

Quote:QUEER EYE FOR THE AGE-EIGHT GUY
When illegals cross the border by the thousands, NBC is AWOL. When nonwhites commit horrific crimes, NBC is out to lunch. If you call NBC to ask about a school-board cover-up of a tranny who raped a girl in a school restroom, NBC will pretend to be the maid: “NBC no esta aqui señor.”

But if a random conservative parent in a state with a population of almost 30 million files a complaint about a book in a school library, NBC is there, with mics, fedoras marked “press,” and a copy of the Constitution to wag at the evil “censors.”

Last week, “NBC News sent public records requests to nearly 100 school districts in the Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin regions and found 86 formal requests to remove books from libraries.”

Eight-six requests out of 30 million people? Stop the presses! That’s 0.0002866666666666667% of the population! Forget that 10,000-person caravan crossing the Rio Grande…put every reporter on the 86 parents!

NBC presented the story like a scoop (and also like a story about censorship, even though it’s about 86 requests, not actual removals). Most of the (not) banned books deal with underage sex. One is about “a teenager who’s starting to notice his attraction to other boys.” Another contains “a graphic sexual experience between minors.” Yet another features “a description of oral sex with minors, among other sexually explicit passages.” And another is “about a 17-year-old gay student who has a lot of sex and isn’t ashamed of it.”

NBC is shocked—shocked—that parents might object to any of this. Certainly, if there were a book about a female avatar getting groped in the Metaverse, it would have to go. But these books? It’s almost like parents think teachers want to corrupt their kids.

Cue Rhode Island state senator Tiara Mack, a former teacher. Last week, the “unapologetically black queer” who looks like Bill Nunn in drag declared that she’s “really excited for the house sex ed bill hearing later today. Teaching comprehensive, queer inclusive, pleasure-based sex ed was a highlight of my time teaching.”

Teaching “pleasure-based sex ed” to children? When asked why NBC News hasn’t covered Mack’s comments, a spokesperson replied, “¡Ay yi yi, no es bueno! ¡Trabajo trabajo siesta siesta!”
It appears the teachers get 'their rocks off' teaching(?) this shit.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
https://www.takimag.com/article/the-week...ished-176/

There was more to your "short" stolen article.

Yes, It's clear. You are not concerned with the recent uptick in book banning. Especially when they cancel any mention of gay and black folk.

But to present it by pasting a paragraph embedded in racist, homophobic diatribe by a publication which exists for bigots, only affirms what goes through the minds of book banners. But I'll have to give you credit, you hit all bases: niggers, spics, fags and dwarfs all in the same article. Good Job ?
You can't read.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(02-06-2022, 09:57 AM)k.d. Wrote: You can't read.

You are ashamed to reveal your sources.
You can't read.

― Voltaire
(02-06-2022, 10:11 AM)k.d. Wrote: You can't read.

Sure can !

I totally enjoyed your story about the "unapologetically black queer who looks like Bill Nunn in drag"
you can't read

― Voltaire
I read it all

Your part about the dead Herve Villechaize, David Rappaport, Verne Troyer and Hank Nasiff joining Peter Dinklage in the "Dwarf Mobile" was great. Those little guys are always such a hoot, ain't they ?