The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Napoleon’s use of the sheep was notable
‘Adults are banning books, but they’re not asking our opinions’: meet the teens of the Banned Book Club (yahoo.com)
None of these books are banned in Public libraries. I suggest they get a library card and pay them a visit.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Those kids likely have read them all

Textbooks are in the public library as well
Why did you even start this thread?
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(02-07-2022, 08:12 PM)k.d. Wrote: Why did you even start this thread?

To show the accurate comparison of our amped up government control of kids minds to Orwell's analogy to Stalin's totalitarian rule.

And the obviously well-read teenagers who pointed this out.
You are so full of crap you should be embarrassed. You have never shown any inclination toward less government. Never any comments about strengthening core subjects. Not a peep about how our educational system is deteriorating more and more every year for decades and decades. What do you promote? Immoral filth, perversion, and unnatural sex acts for young children.

― Voltaire
Correct, I don't necessarily want less government. I want children and young adults to be educated. Banning and censoring is the antithesis of education.

Reading comes first. Without reading proficiency, learning in the other "core" subject is difficult if not impossible. I can't believe this is not obvious to you.

Reading stimulates the brain, increases memory, improves communications and language skills, and makes people more "worldly". We should be encouraging kids to read as much as possible. Restricting material does not do that. And we are restricting material for all of the wrong reasons. There is no immoral filth, perversion, and unnatural sex acts in books for young children.

Our schools are deteriorating for some. But not for our best and brightest. And those would be readers. Your further dumbing down of the system does not help.
What did I just say about core subjects. Congratulations, you stated the obvious. The difference is, I want kids reading classics, you want them reading smut.

― Voltaire
Classics are being banned. Race relations is not smut. There isn't a classic that doesn't have some sort of sexual situation, kinda like real life.
Middle and High Schools students aren't interested in Old Yeller.
Quote:There isn't a classic that doesn't have some sort of sexual situation,
Moby Dick, Treasure Island? Count of Monte Cristo, David Copperfield. If there are romantic situations they are normal not perverted shit between Bruce and Dan or Betty and Wilma or any trans garbage.

― Voltaire