The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
climate apocalypses apocalypse…
Quote:We know that we can't survive numerous nuclear attacks or accidents, so we try to avoid them.
That has nothing to do with the planet is has to do with being blown to smithereens.

Quote:We know we can no longer drink out of streams and tainted wells, so we don't. Who would have thunk just a few years ago that bottled water industry would be booming as it is now.
Where does the water in your faucet come from?

Quote:We know we can't bathe in the sun like we used to, so we don't
Are those robots fixing and building roads, constructing houses and putting on roofs in the summer? Are those robots playing golf & Tennis and being lifeguards at swimming holes?

Quote:We know that we can't safely breath air in populous cities in India and china, so we wear masks, avoid those places, or die young.
Everyday is Halloween to them!

Quote:We know we shouldn't eat fish out of Wisconsin lakes and streams, so we don't.
Speak for yourself, I love me a good perch fry.

Quote:We can't eat Polar bear anymore so we eat burgers.
Polar bears? Are you kidding me?
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
There was tremendous environmental damage with nukes. It was your example. Nuclear power, while pretty safe , is limited because of the fear of long lasting environmental damage. Mother Earth could never claim back the damage if it were widespread. Nukes are something we are pretty good with. I wish we treated the other potential degredations with the same caution.

Water from your faucet, depending on where you live, is polluted or jammed with chemicals.

Construction, farmers and the like are well clothed and loaded with sunblock (another new booming business) When we were kids there was no such thing as sunblock. Not needed.

Your fish was likely farm raised. Adult perch from a Wisconsin waterway is loaded with mercury.

You can eat, drink and breathe anything you want. But it ain't good for you. And the contaminations I mentioned are all a relatively new phenomenon (in our lifetime).
Quote:There was tremendous environmental damage with nukes.
Did the planet survive and is it thriving?

Quote:Construction, farmers and the like are well clothed
How do they get those deep dark tans?

Quote:sunblock (another new booming business)
That doesn't work and is unnecessary.

Quote:Adult perch from a Wisconsin waterway is loaded with mercury.
So are vaccines. Your point?

Quote:And the contaminations I mentioned are all a relatively new phenomenon (in our lifetime).
Ever heard of Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius? Check out Icelandic volcanoes and what they did to our surviving planet.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
We have NOT had recurring nuclear accidents. I said nuke were GOOD. We CARE about nukes. Not so much with the our other real environmental misdeeds

Same place they got melanoma. Sun screens work. I personally know this.

Coal plant emissions from hundreds of miles away are seeping into medicine. I did not know that.

Our planet has survived Buffalo farts as well.
Quote:Our planet has survived Buffalo farts as well.
That right there is all you need to know.

― Voltaire
https://www.gq.com/story/climate-change-...-cow-farts
Back to the point: None of the predictions, starting with Thomas Malthus in the 1700s, to Paul Ehrlich's nonsense in the 1970s, to Al Gore's Goreisms have come to pass. 300 years of idiots talking idiocracy and you still fall for it. Everything has a built-in Obsolescence, including this planet, but man-made problems can't touch the power of Mother Nature's wrath and havoc.
I look forward to the next oil spill in the Gulf so I can get me some of that natural, organic oil-marinated shrimp for my Gumbo.

― Voltaire
The world didn't end when the comet Kahoutac came by recently either. As was predicted.

Mother Nature and mankind work hand in hand.
Quote:Mother Nature and mankind work hand in hand.
Not really. They both work independently in their own self-interest.

― Voltaire
Katrina ???