The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putin & Mom & Dad
Russia will not introduce politically correct terminology such as “parent #1” and “parent #2” any time soon, Putin told a constitutional reform working group on Thursday, as they discussed family values in Russia.
Quote:As for ‘parent #1’ and ‘parent #2’, I have already publicly said it and I will repeat it once more: as long as I am president, we will not have parents #1 and #2, it will be ‘mother’ and ‘father’.
One of the working group members, Russian lawmaker Olga Batalina, told the president that many people in Russia are concerned about the fate of the traditional family and would like to see it protected by the constitution. Putin welcomed the idea but said that it needs careful consideration.
Batalina noted that some people who sent proposals to the 75-strong body which is tasked with processing citizens’ suggestions on the constitutional reform, would very much like to see ‘family’ defined as a “union of a man and a woman.”
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
I'm sure there are a lot of gay guys who wouldn't mind being referred to as "mother". Likewise, women referred to as "father". At least that's from observations of American gay families. Don't think Putin would authorize that either.
Quote:many people in Russia are concerned about the fate of the traditional family...would very much like to see ‘family’ defined as a “union of a man and a woman.”
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
It sounded like they were concerned with parent # 1 and parent # 2.

Unless Russia is a much "gayer" country than the US, they have nothing to worry about. Gay adoption is statistically non-existent in the US. Plus it doesn't threaten the "traditional" family one iota.

This is just a move by the pure lovers of statism.

Divorce is the overwhelming threat to the "traditional" family. Gee, I wonder why the theocrats and statists aren't attacking that issue.

Not to mention that Russia has an orphan crisis

https://www.worldcrunch.com/culture-soci...re-orphans
Quote:This is just a move by the pure lovers of statism.
Which came first: Traditions/customs or the state?

― Voltaire
The traditions/customs. These traditions/customs consisted is killing and/or maiming.

(02-16-2020, 06:36 PM)j.p. Wrote: The traditions/customs. These traditions/customs consisted is killing and/or maiming.
 I'll add torture and imprisonment
Maybe those are the traditions of your family line, but I know of none others that would claim the same.

― Voltaire
It was the of traditions of the wonderful family values of our great country, and others.
Some people still yearn for those " good ol days"
How is it possible that you are so ignorant?

― Voltaire
What !

You have demonstrated through incessant gay bashing, that you wish it was more acceptable. Like in the good ol days.