The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cash Free Lambeau
Lambeau Field goes cash-free
https://www.wbay.com/2020/10/07/lambeau-...dknubtiw7c

Just one more reason not to support this NFL franchise.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
I've been going cash free for 5 years or so. It's pretty easy. I think I've been at the bank 5 times over that time.
The banks and government, especially the IRS, love you. There really is nothing like letting them know your every transaction, where you've been, what you've done and with whom.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
That was my feeling a few years ago. However nothing has come of it. So I'm ok, the cost and the convenience outweighs the remote risk. The IRS already knows everything.
I'm too "small potatoes" for them to worry about.

It's the merchants that you should worry about. They are forever getting hacked with folks stealing your personal info.
Quote:So I'm ok, the cost and the convenience outweighs the remote risk.
Do you realize "Negative Interest Rates" are coming to banks? It is already happening in Europe.

Quote:They are forever getting hacked with folks stealing your personal info.

That's your info, dude.

― Voltaire
I don't know what negative interest rates have to do with electronic transactions.

Yep. It's my info and I get perturbed when there are breaches. But so far it hasn't cause me any problems.
Quote:I don't know what negative interest rates have to do with electronic transactions.
Who stores the money used for those transactions? Do you think those transactions are free?

Quote:Yep. It's my info and I get perturbed when there are breaches. But so far it hasn't cause me any problems.
Maybe the odds are in your favor, but what about all the people whose lives get disrupted? And don't you think that somewhere along the line their disruptions and the settlements are going to cost you and everyone else in general?

― Voltaire
Sure, you would forgo the tiny amount interest you would otherwise get . But demand (checking) accounts are generally not for investment.
I'm sorry for you if you can't see that these financial institutions are ripping you off.

― Voltaire
(10-09-2020, 09:59 AM)k.d. Wrote: I'm sorry for you if you can't see that these financial institutions are ripping you off.
They are making money off of me. But simply holding cash creates a higher cost.