The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's miracle cure
https://www.salon.com/2020/10/08/trumps-...us-report/

Quote:The lab tests used to evaluate the effectiveness of the antibodies were derived from what the MIT Technology Review pointed out was a standard cell supply known as HEK 293T. It originated as kidney tissue derived from an abortion in the Netherlands in 1973, the same year Roe v. Wade was decided.

Quote:Those cells have since been "immortalized" in labs — they keep dividing endlessly, similar to cancerous growth — and have gone through other genetic changes, according to MIT. Over such a length of time, they can become disassociated from their origin.

"It's how you want to parse it," a Regeneron spokesperson told MIT. "But the 293T cell lines available today are not considered fetal tissue, and we did not otherwise use fetal tissue."
All I know is I don't take anything from Big Pharma and believe any human disease can be cured or treated with weeds/herbs. I wonder if Trump knew where that stuff came from. I heard that the vaccines will have aborted baby cells. I say, No thanks.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Most medicines are derived from plant, animal and human tissue.

I find it peculiar that anti choice folks prefer that fetuses be unceremoniously incinerated.
Quote:I find it peculiar that anti choice folks prefer that fetuses be unceremoniously incinerated.
No. Pro-choice people prefer babies to be born. I know of no one who wants premature cremations.

Again, there is absolutely no reason in the 21st Century for an unwanted pregnancy. Anyone who says differently or defends abortion is one sick SOB.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(10-08-2020, 09:55 PM)k.d. Wrote:
Quote:I find it peculiar that anti choice folks prefer that fetuses be unceremoniously incinerated.
No. Pro-choice people prefer babies to be born. I know of no one who wants premature cremations.

Again, there is absolutely no reason in the 21st Century for an unwanted pregnancy. Anyone who says differently or defends abortion is one sick SOB.
There are reasons. You could admit that you may not understand them , not sure I do. But there are apparently reasons, that is fact.

But nonetheless it's off-topic , I was talking about post abortion. If "Pro Lifers" are actually pro life, they would be all for using the tissue to save lives. But they prefer burning them. All just to make a political statement. Sad !
When do pro-lifers take delivery of the aborted to burn them? I've never heard of that.

― Voltaire
(10-09-2020, 08:34 AM)k.d. Wrote: When do pro-lifers take delivery of the aborted to burn them? I've never heard of that.
Anti choicer/sciencers are almost universally against using the tissue to save lives. There is no other way to dispose of the tissue than in a furnace.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/pro...l-research
From the article:
"We are not against stem cell research, we are definitely pro-technology, pro-science. We believe in the advancement of all sciences, except for those that destroy human life."
Seems clear to me.

― Voltaire
(10-09-2020, 09:56 AM)k.d. Wrote: From the article:
"We are not against stem cell research, we are definitely pro-technology, pro-science. We believe in the advancement of all sciences, except for those that destroy human life."
Seems clear to me.
My point exactly

Stem cell research on embryonic cells does not destroy anything. It only saves.
"except for those that destroy human life."
What part don't you understand?

― Voltaire