The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday
to the exceedingly loyal Constitutionalist Supreme Court Justice, Clarence Thomas.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
That makes no sense.

Constitutionalism is required of all justices. It is referenced in every decision and opinion. So, they are all "loyal" to the Constitution.
If that were the case, every decision would be 9-0.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
It would be nice.

But the Constitution is a relatively small simple document, purposefully. It is used to govern 350M people who have complex issues.

Plus we have republicans and democrats on the court. You could say that Thomas is "loyal" to one of those.
I say Thomas is loyal to the Constitution and its original meaning.

― Voltaire
(06-23-2021, 06:22 PM)k.d. Wrote: I say Thomas is loyal to the Constitution and its original meaning.
How timely !

Supreme Court Rules for High-School Cheerleader Brandi Levy in Free-Speech Case Over Snapchat Post - WSJ
Have you read the dissenting opinion?

― Voltaire
I did
You;re funny. You don't believe a school has the duty and obligation to discipline a kid's bad behavior yet it is alright to censor speech of doctors, scientists, and researchers who disagree with the fraud Fauxchi. Seriously, you are a joke.

― Voltaire
First of all there was no originalism in Thomas' dissent.

The notion that the "loco parentis doctrine" applies to someone who was firmly in the custody her parents is the joke. Not a single justice or lessor court agree with that.

I seriously don't think Thomas is against the first amendment, he was just appeasing his puritan buddies.

No doctors were censored, real gov't censorship is illegal.