The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas 50 banned books requests
(02-03-2022, 02:01 AM)k.d. Wrote: Tell me why you want gay, queer, lesbian, trans books in schools. For what purpose?

Because they exist, I guess.

Why do you want to cancel them ?
what does any of that crap have to do with educating children?
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
Reading
Respect
Interpersonal relationships
Broadens their horizons
Psychology

And if you are one of the unlucky ones inflicted. Maybe a feeling of inclusion
Nothing there has anything  to do with education Reading garbage is not enlightening anybody.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(02-03-2022, 12:20 PM)k.d. Wrote: Nothing there has anything  to do with education Reading garbage is not enlightening anybody.

That is such an insane comment on so many fronts. But one thing it confirms is that we can homeschooling to the list of bullshit that never happened.
What parent would ever assign his or her child to read this shit - besides you?

― Voltaire
What parent would want their kid to adopt their prejudices and insecurities? What parent wouldn't want better for their kid ?

My kid read what she wanted to, for that reason. Being just like me was that last thing I wanted for her.

The world is a big place.
Talk about avoiding the issue - good job.

― Voltaire
The issue is the kids, freedom and education. Not you. The kids aren't as easily offended as some grownups. The mere mention that different people exist is not grounds for book banning.
Put them where the adults go. There is no need for them in schools and it does nothing to help in their education.

― Voltaire